Thursday, March 3, 2011

Training Wheels

I'm not one to train in the afternoon but sometime the options are limited, so after a quick coffee and chat when I got home I quickly got myself back out the door.  I was a little anxious that both the distance and pace recommended were a little beyond my ability at the moment but I decided I would give it a go.  Let me just say I was pleasantly surprised that I made the distance and was a little quicker than the suggested pace.

This morning I was back at SWEAT, however I started my warm-up my legs were very tight and stiff from last nights run and my foot was still quite tender.  However, got through the drills and strides 7 x 600, ironically all at the same pace.  I must say I'm feeling very slow but I know a couple of good solid weeks will make all the difference.

Foot:  whilst I had been resting it's still quite sore but at least in an isolated area now.  I have order two new pairs of running shoes and have decided to go for a complete change on recommendation of a well respected runner.

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea about NKOTB. Surgery to the Dog and you are back into training although still with the foot issue. It must be time for dinner again to catch up with what has been happening in more detail.

    ReplyDelete