Monday, March 28, 2011

ARRHHHHHHH

For those of you who follow my blog will be aware I have had issues with my foot since January, and this has causes some disruption to my training and quite a few stops and starts.

I have now had the foot x-rayed (results pending) and did not run from 17 to 25 March 2011. During this period I also took some anti-inflammatories and I must say my foot felt the best it had in months.

Saturday evening (26 March) after my PUMP class I ran an easy 30 minutes on the treadmill, the foot was a little "niggly" but not too bad. Full of enthusiasm, I did a nice easy run around Scarborough Park, only 5km but bang - my foot was giving me the same grief.....DAMN!!!

No don't go thinking I have been sitting around for weeks not doing anything but baking...... Just a quick summary (I have forgotten most of it now)
  • ''000" Aquathon - Emergency Services. This is an annual event that included a 800m swim and a 5km run. I teamed up with my usual partner and did the run leg, winning the first Mixed Team, and Second Team outright.
  • Spin and PUMP classes
  • Lots of free weights and overall strength and conditioning.
  • Cross training, ie cardio machines and walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment