Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Loser

Well I lost the Gregory v's Gregory challenge this week but I'm happy to say that I lost weight and few centimetres along the way. Let's just say, my challenger had a "last minute training session" and next weeks results may be a little more accurate. I'm pleased to say I feel like I have finally turned the corner with my foot injury, the dreaded plantar fasciitis, I have some new orthotics to wear in my everyday shoes and had some adjustments made to my "running" orthotics, some physio and lots of taping. I am very excited that I have had no foot pain for now 9 days. Last weeks training was again mixed and very enjoyable; * Running - a grand weekly total of 45km and pain free!!!!! * Lots of strength and core work, I'm loving the return of the callous on my hands * Cardio; step machine, bike, walking, etc. On Saturday morning we meet my lovely sister and her two little girls and walked "The Bay", a great way to spend a couple of hours in the sunshine. Feeling good.......

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear that your foot is on the mend bernie - also love the upbeat vibe to your post, it sounds like you are in a good place right now :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So time for an update. On a protein day we could arrange a night out for steaks. Also we could catch upon the Byron Blues weekend.

    ReplyDelete