Saturday, October 16, 2010

A New Start

Life has sort been a bumpy ride over the last couple of months.  During this time I have tried to maintain some routine and training but it has been difficult and I have randomly thrown in a few training session, but with no real consistency and couple of times I have started and thought "what is this all for".  

Thursday morning (14 October) was a bit of wake up call, I got up at 4.30 to go for a run, 9kms into the run I had to stop due chest pains, I was doubled over and in pain, I started running again and had to stop again.  Sitting in the gutter at 5.30ish in the dark unable to run due to chest pains was a good sign I need to get myself back on track and start looking after myself.

I keep saying today is the day, no tomorrow I'll start, I just need to finish this assignment....... it goes on and on.  I have been following Beki's blog http://www.runwrite.com/ and thinking how I need to take control.  So today I'm going to start;

  • a regular exercise routine
  • re-start my meal plan
  • start taking my medication again (insulin and cholesterol)
  • stop drinking every night - only when I go out
  • start my assignment
  • be the best person I can 
I have looked at the calendar and discovered I will be 37 in six weeks, so I guess it's my own six week challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment