Friday, December 3, 2010

Maybe I'm Crazy

What a hectic week, Tuesday (30 Nov) I was out at the usual time of 4.20am and ran the same old 10km route with an average pace of 5:21/km to get the day started.  Got home, showered, packed my gym bag and heading off to work.  I received a late morning phone call from a dear friend who had a couple of tickets for the Eagles concert that night, so the gym session got cancelled as I had to get away from work earlier than usual, meaning a short lunch break.

After getting home at 2.30am I decided after being awake for just over 22hrs I had no desire to jump out of bed at 4.20am for a run.

Still tired, I also took Thursday off as a rest day but I did take the opportunity to enter a race.  The Narrabeen All Nighter (12 hr event).  Now I'm sure this will force me to get some solid and consistent training happening.

Last night I had  a good talk to Wayne about the event, training and goals. So this morning based on his advice I ran a total of 12km which included 2 x 1km efforts (4:45 and 4:43), my overall average pace was 5:16/km pace and I really enjoyed training this morning now I have something to train for.

3 comments:

  1. Is the All Nighter the big goal you were talking about in a previous post? You have got my curiosity going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Beki, the all Nighter is just to shake me into gear and provide some focus. The big goal is towards the end of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top secret goal then - must be a goodie!

    ReplyDelete