Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One Day at a Time

3 December 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!!! After catching up on a few hours sleep I was beginning to feel good again and didn't even hit the "snooze" button.  Friday's have traditionally been an easy run day, so I decided I would still keep the pace relaxed but just run a little further, so I enjoyed a nice tempo run along Botany Bay. I ran a comfortable and enjoyable 12km @ 5:17km average pace and I'm now beginning to feel some fitness returning.

4 December 2010

Ground Hog Day!  Another 12km along Botany Bay with an average pace of 5:21km, nice and easy.

5 December 2010

My long runs have not been very "long" over the past few weeks, so I had a little chat to Wayne and we agreed 20km would be enough.  I headed out the door with a goal of not running any faster than 5:45/km average pace to ensure I feel good throughout the run and I get the benefit of LSD training.  I felt very comfortable but hot and was pleasantly surprised when I stopped at a tap for a drink approximately 9km into the run to find Wayne had ridden his bike out to meet me with a nice cold drink.  I then enjoyed the last 11km with Wayne riding his bike along side me as we chatted about my goals and the training required.  I questioned my ability but Wayne has assured me I'll be fine.

6 December 2010

After an extremely busy weekend, and early start and work and my last evening at my Cake Decorating course I decided a rest day would be nice.

7 December 2010

An early humid start to they day.  I again ran my 12km run along the Bay but threw in 2 x 1km reps (4:46, 4:53) with an average pace of 5.21/km.  My legs felt really heavy this morning but I'm sure it was the humidity.

Now Beki - the goal is a big one and I'm almost too scared to put it out there but after the All Nighter I think I had better come clean.

1 comment:

  1. *checks out the race calendar for 2011* lol ;-p

    Can't wait to find out what it is. Big goals are always exciting and I'm sure you'll smash it Bernie :)

    ReplyDelete