Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Shiney and New

It's definitely that time of year when the days feel like a blur.  I have managed to keep a consistent running routine over the festive season, however still not getting in those strenght session that I miss dearly.

Just some dot points of recent activity:

22 December: 15km @ 5:27/km average pace.
23 December: 7km @ 5:25/km average pace (slept in)
24 December: no exercise return of the dreaded neck and shoulder issue.
25 December: 7km @ 5:32/km average pace.  Christmas Day Bay Run.
26 December: 12km @ 5:10/km average pace, include 2 x 1km (4:41, 4:44)
27 December: 28km @ 5:55/km average pace.....finally a LSD
28 December: 5.5km @ 5:31/km average pace (recovery run)
29 December: 16km @ 5:28/km average pace

I'm finally starting to feel a little fitter now I need to build on my endurance and just let the increase in speed happen.

I'm looking forward to the start of 2011 for various reasons.
  • new job, still with Fire Brigade.  Finally some relief, my former position was abolished due to a restructure but after a couple of applications and interviews got some good news just before Christmas.
  • A big goal..... Glasshouse 100 miler.  This year I'm going to focus on my endurance.
  • Developing my creative side a little more.....http://bg-cakesandotherdelights.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks like 2011 is going to be a great year for you Bernie :)

    And I love the new blog with all the cake photos - you certainly have a very artistic side. Mmmmmmm cake :-p

    ReplyDelete