Thursday, November 4, 2010

Voltaren Sandwich

2 November 2010

We were off and racing..... well almost.  After putting in some long days at work and looking at my schedule over the next few weeks I was lucky enough to squeeze in a Flex Day (RDO). Wayne and I enjoyed a rare sleep in and then hit the road.  Again I ran the usual 10km along Botany Bay.  It was an enjoyable run, well except for the wind.

We then enjoyed a nice day at home watching the races and having a little flutter, I started a book I have been wanting to read for months, and nanna nap.  Best day I have had in ages.

3 November 2010

Started the day with the best intentions got to work by 7am with a plan of leaving early and heading to the gym.  A request for a late afternoon meeting, that got postponed and then cancelled; another long day.  I got home exhausted and frustrated and welcomed the invitation to go our for dinner.

4 November 2010

Up early with a plan to get into work early, get home early and then hit the gym.  Just about ready to work out the door, grabbed my jacket and WHAM!!! My neck felt like it was going to explode, muscle spasms down my neck and across my L shoulder blade.  Wayne suggested a visit to the Doctors.  With my current workload I popped a couple of pain killers and hoped for the best.

Hence, an interesting lunch menu today.  I headed straight to the chemist for some voltaren gel and tablets.  Thankfully the pain has eased and I no longer feel like I'm going to vomit.

It just seems that everything is hindering any attempt to train at the moment........

On a positive note, we have booked another little holiday, the Blues Festival at Byron Bay over Easter.  Once we heard Bob Dylan was appearing out came the credit card - cannot wait.

1 comment: