Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dress Rehearsal

After having two days off training due to the my ongoing issues with my neck and shoulder I was keen to lace up the shoes this morning.

I decide the practice my walk/run routine in preparation of next weekend's event  http://www.narrabeenallnighter.com/. I ran for 3km and walked for 300 metres. I must say it was a very comfortable training session and I was very disciplined to walk at the exact time and not think "I'll just run to the next tree, etc".  In total I completed 12km at an average pace of 5:48/km including the three walk breaks.

I finished the session feeling great - but very sweaty.
I had a discussion with Wayne when I got home about my training and I've decided I'm going to run 4 laps of "The Bay Run" tomorrow practicing again today's walk/run routine.  I know it will be boring but a little mental preparation won't go a stray.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for Saturday Bernie. Look forward to hearing about your night - and catching up soon x

    ReplyDelete