Monday, January 10, 2011

Moving ahead.

I woke up this morning to the sound of heavy rain but decided to jump out of bed and get myself dressed for my bike ride in the hope that it was a passing shower and thankfully it had stopped when I was ready to go as I was determined to get out there.

Leaving home at 4:45am this morning and rather than ride directly down to the foreshore I did a little lop around the back streets of Sans Souci in search of a couple of hills and  hoping I wouldn't find any pot holes.  As approach Ramsgate I came across three Police Officers walking through the park scanning the area with torches, very unusual.  After a quick look around I could see anything and kept on going.

Finished up with 22.5km in 65 minutes and nice and sweaty.  I'm not going to visit the gym this afternoon for two reasons;

1. A little muscle recovery.
2. Wayne has just finished two night shifts and I'd prefer some quality time ;-)

On a positive note I have been spot on with my diet, not a drop of alcohol has passed my lips  I'm back on my medication (insulin & cholesterol), and my neck/shoulder/foot are improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment