Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Trifecta of Exercise

AM:  A half marathon..... on the bike.  This morning we headed off for another bike ride and I must say I did have a case of DOMS that did not help when I first started off this morning plus riding into a head wind.  Anyway an enjoyable ride and although I did take some money with me, we resisted the urge to stop for a coffee and choose to get through the session to burn as much fat as possible.

PM:  Now I don't know if I should consider this  as exercise but the WII did record how many calories I had burnt so I guess I can.  My lovely sister gave me a new WII game for my birthday which included Latin Dance, Bull Riding and of course a Marathon so I finally had a crack at it today.  Let's just say there is a reason why I run..... I cannot dance.


And back to the gym this afternoon with not a big choice at the moment due to my previous training sessions and the neck/shoulder issues so I worked by back;

4 x 10 lat pull downs (35kg)
4 x 10 lower back machine (30kg)
4 x 8 bent over rows (22.5kg)
4 x 8 one arm dumbbell rows (12.5kg)
60 leg raises/crunches (3kg medicine ball)


15 minutes stepping machine
15 minutes elliptical trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment