Saturday, January 8, 2011

I did it.

7 January 2011

PM Session:  I stuck to my plan and took my self off to the gym (Fitness First Rockdale) when I got home from work.  Felt like I had the training wheels back on and I was starting from scratch all over again.I took the sensible approach and lightened the load for all sets/reps.  I'm going to go back to my usual format and record the detail of my strength sessions so I can see the improvements and recall my training.
4 x 10 leg press (60kg)
4 x 10 adductor machine (45kg)
4 x 10 abductor machine (40kg)
4 x 10 (each leg) glute machine (20kg)
4 x 20 calf (30kg)
4 x 10 single arm curls (7.5kg)
4 x 10 arm curls (15kg standard bar)
4 x 10 lower arm pulley (15kg)
2 x 50 oblique twists (3kg medicine ball)
2 x 10 leg raises/crunches (3kg medicine ball)
30 mins elliptical trainer.

8 January 2011

AM: I took the rare opportunity of waking up naturally..... no alarm and after my regular morning coffee both Wayne and I set off for a bike ride along Botany Bay.  This morning we rode at a more leisurely pace for 75 minutes (22.5km).

PM:  Back to the gym.  I had planned on training my chest and shoulders however the current issues with my shoulder/neck required me to alter the session due to the poor technique and pain.
4 x 10 chest press machine (25kg)
4 x 10 incline flys (7.5kg)
4 x 10 overhead dumbbell extensions (12.5kg)
4 x 10 shoulder press (12.5kg) - stopped to due to technique/pain
4 x 10 dumbbell tricep extensions (12.5kg)
3 x 10 overhead tricep extensions (15kg standard bar)
100 x crunches

30 mins elliptical trainer

Not only have stuck to my training plan, I'm also back on track with the diet and following the meal plan and decided I need to cut the alcohol.  I went out and bought a new set of scales as my old ones had died, although I did like the fact that when I initially stood on them they would tell me I was 38kg but the longer I stood on them the heavier I got.  This morning for pure fun I jumped off at 92kg.  Anyway, the line in the sand has been drawn and I know where I'm heading.

2 comments:

  1. 38kg? Good work!! Scales should be banished along with the alcohol you know!! Glad to hear all is back on track B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol - your scales sound awesome!

    Great work on the gym session Bernie, I still have some catching up to do before I match you on some of those weights :)

    ReplyDelete