Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Out

After hobbling around the office all day yesterday, I again laced up the shores for my morning run along Botany Bay.  I was nearly 3km into the run and a friend rode up beside me on her way to work and asked why was running with a limp.  I explained the situation and advised her this morning's run was the "decider".  I had planned to complete 7km but I after six painful kilometres I decided to walk the last km, and even that was painful.

Over a coffee and chat with Wayne this morning I decided to withdraw from the Narrabeen All Nighter and not run for two weeks but I do have an alternative training plan.
  • 20km bike ride before work
  • hit the gym in the afternoon; strength training followed with a solid workout on the elliptical trainer
I have trialled using the gym at lunch time but find it was too rushed and I was not training to my desired level so it back to Fitness First at Rockdale after work.

So this morning I left the high heels at home in exchange for a pair of flatties and after reading the comment Beki left on my blog I know I'm doing the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. I think that if you are running with a limp it's a definite sign to pull out. It's a shame but this race wasn't your big goal so just keep focused on the bigger picture. Besides, you enjoy your weights so that and the cycling will keep you busy enough while you recover.

    Hope it comes good soon xx

    ReplyDelete